Earning a nursing qualification is no walk in the park, that’s for sure. You have to be a special kind of person to take on a career course that trains you to deal with life and death situations. It’s tough, it’s intense, it grows you up big time and – WOW! – you made it! We really hope you had an awesome celebration. And a vacation.
So now, here you are on the threshold of your Real World Future. After all the years of knuckling down to your studies, it’s not surprising if you have developed a bit of wanderlust and are hearing the call of the open road. What’s that? Travel Nursing? Oh, yes please!
You probably already know that travel nurses need to have some stable employment experience before they can start. When you take on a travel assignment almost any facility will need you to arrive ready to hit the ground running with confidence. So it makes sense to earn your wings in a hospital where you can find your feet and get used to the very real demands of the job with a support network around you.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t start working on a plan to become a travel nurse. In fact, there are plenty of reasons for nurses in the early stages of their career to jump at the chance to travel.
- It’s an excellent way to grab hold of your adult independence. A chance to find your feet as the real You.
- It’s an amazing way to develop your career. Every hospital and facility is different. You will have the opportunity to see all kinds of specialist teams in action.
- Travel nursing is also a brilliant idea for “Empty Nesters”. Now’s your chance to shake the dust off your suitcase and leave the routines of working parenthood behind. Fresh fields and pastures new in 3…2…1!
- You’ll have a great view of how hospital working cultures operate. Some you will like better than others. This is valuable experience to have if you decide to settle into a perm job later on.
- The money is really good!
- You get to meet ALL kinds of people in this vastly diverse country of ours. It’s an amazing, eye-opening, mind-expanding education that will improve your patient care a great deal.
With Wayward Medical, you get to enjoy all these advantages with the support of a great team behind you. Lean on our experience and know that whatever happens, we’ll be there to help.